Thursday, 11 April 2013

April 11 2013

To-Do-List:
1. compare the initial static pressure map to the final one and show how much the static pressure has changed over time
2. Run the program with all different modules and make sure everything runs smoothly.

Details:
1. compare the initial static pressure map to the final one and show how much the static pressure has changed over time
I wrote another function for doing this called: compareInitialFianl.m
The way they are compared is using all() function on the rows and summing the result up. if the result is 10 that means the two matrices are exactly the same. a result of 0 means there is some difference.

2. Run the program with all different modules and make sure everything runs smoothly.
The program runs smoothly but I had two main problems:

  • If I subtract the initial static offset from the pressure map, taking the log2 will result in complex numbers which will cause an error when displaying the picture on the plot.
  • If I take the log2 of both the initial static offset and the pressure map and then subtract them, the image showing the centroid will not be as correct as I wish. (sometime, it will even go out of the boundary of the map)
What's left?
figuring out why subtracting will give these weird results and how we can solve the issues.
I fixed this issue by subtracting the static offset from the pressure map after taking the log2 from both but also taking the absolute value of the elements of the resulting matrix. I found out that some values in the pressure map could decrease compared to the initial static map and thus the subtraction could cause negative numbers which would affect the centroid and the pictures. But taking the absolute value seems to give reasonable results.


1 comment:

  1. Responded w/ lengthy email, suggest in-person discussion to answer the technical questions here.

    ReplyDelete